Thursday, July 31, 2014

Coping with having OCD

Dear God,

I am in need of a sense of peace and calm.  I am not good at relaxation, but I am good at procrastination.  I was supposed to use some relaxation techniques but I have not done enough relaxation techniques.  It is because of my type A personality.

Help me to cope with having obsessive thoughts that are bothersome.  How do I overcome these thoughts? How do I apply the verse that Jesus is greater in me than He who is in the world?  I am not sure if I can take anymore of having these obsessive thoughts.

I realize that I need to pray for what is really going on in the world.  Israel is at war against Hamas.  Syrian rebels are at war against government forces.  People are being persecuted, saved and unsaved.  There is so much going on in the world that is also of great importance to me. It seems to me that the obsessive thoughts have become a distraction.

Everything is a major issue to me.  I realize that I need to find things that are of no importance in reality that are real to my mind.  I cannot blame the OCD Persona.  I blame myself.  I have no idea how to be bored with these thoughts.  How do I accept these thoughts?  How do I embrace that I have OCD?  How much longer, Lord?  Give me strength.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment