Saturday, July 26, 2014

Improving my spiritual life

Dear Heavenly Father,

I wish to spend more time with You daily.  Maybe I should set up a time to do so.  However, I don't wish to just make time.  I just want to spend time, but I have allowed myself to be distracted.  I thank You for all of Your understanding.  However, I am truly sorry for my disrespect.  I have come to realize quite a few things about me.  I have gotten lazy in my reading and studying Your word.  Forgive me, Father.  I have thought about what will happen in the future where all of us will be judged.  Help me to keep that in mind.  I will like all of us have to give an account for how I have lived my life and I hope to get a good account.

I ask You for wisdom in this area that I may be wise and use whatever knowledge You have so given me.  I also ask for Your guidance as I am in need of a sense of direction in my life.  I feel like I am lost in this world and that it has passed me by.  I fail at most everything I have tried to accomplish.  I also ask for open doors and a sense of understanding.  I need a sense of purpose.  I do wonder what Your will is for my life.  I also wonder what why is it I am here.  You know who I am better than  I know myself.  I ask that You would reveal that to me.  Show me who I am and what I need to do.  I ask for the wisdom and the words of the Holy Spirit and I will listen and obey.  All I know that You are looking for obedience from Your people and I admit that I haven't always obeyed You and for that I am sorry.

I need help in repenting of my sins.  There are sins that I give into and I am not a strong person.  I realize that I need Your strength and I ask for Your strength.  I need that daily and I ask You for an increase in faith.  Help me with any unbelief that I have in my life and erase all doubts that I may have.  I ask that You would cleanse me from all secret faults.  Set a watch before my mouth and may I find grace and favor in Your sight, if I deserve it.

I do not ask for money at this time though I am in need.  I do not ask for guidance in material things though I am in need.  I do not ask for long life even though I do not wish to die young.  I also do not ask for other things that are of this world even though I am in need.  What I need most of all is an answer from You.  I am and will be like Solomon in this manner, for I ask for wisdom that I may live for You and serve You all the days of my life.  I wish to dwell in the house of the Lord, forever.

In Jesus' name,

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment