Thursday, July 3, 2014

Letting it go

Dear Heavenly Father,

Help me to let the past go.  You have saved me so that I have been given the opportunity to not only let the past go but to learn from it and grow.  Thank You for that opportunity.  Right now I am listening to "Let it go" by Idina Menzel.  God, thank You for giving her the gift of song.  It is a wonderful version of the song.  I can relate to this song.

I have lived a rather interesting life.  It is time I must be honest.  I have not let go of the past.  You have made me a new creation in Christ.  It is time for me to act and be that new creation You have made.  I am just glad that I am being perfected just as I am typing this.

I was bullied when I was a child and I have felt and sometimes still feel guilty about not fighting back or saying a word.  I wish I could go back and stood up for myself and fight back.  But now I just wonder and I have been having obsessive thoughts and exaggerated thoughts about them.  I don't remember life being that bad even though I had my share of ups and downs.

I sometimes don't realize how exaggerated my thoughts truly are until my mind "calms" down.  I realize that there is a one in a million chance that the thoughts are true.  It has taken me a while to accept that I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, yet I do pray for healing.  I still do pray for healing but I also realize that I have to reconcile my thoughts with what Your word says.

These thoughts have made me feel lousy about myself because I felt I was weak, but I thank You for empowering me.  I didn't realize that the OCD could be a blessing in disguise.  I do wonder if there is a coincidence between having these obsessive thoughts and my drawing closer to You.  Is there a spiritual link?  Help me to see that regardless of any connection, that I should be thankful and grateful that I have this condition because it has drawn me closer to You.  I have learned a lot due to these obsessive thoughts.

It took long enough to realize that.  I feel so much better.  Thank You.


Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment