Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Willing to go the distance for God

Dear Lord,

I didn't realize how strong or rather how weak my faith was, until today.  How far am I willing to go as to give up my very life to You?  I was watching this really awesome film about that very same topic and even though I would like to know more about You, I don't take the time to do so.  I am sorry but that isn't enough.  I need help.  I need to repent but I don't know how.  I need to change.

I was so caught up in the things in this world that sometimes I don't always think about the eternal world.  As You can see, I want to go to Heaven when I die and spend eternity with You.  I am afraid that I will not change.  I am afraid that I will continue to be caught up in the world instead of just being in the world but not of the world.  Then I wonder why things don't always work out for me.

It is my fault.  It is all my fault.  I think on the least necessary of things like a tv show that I don't really plan on watching.  I ask and check and research for reassurance.  It helps me temporarily but I realize that this too shall pass though it doesn't always feel or seem that way.  I feel like I am alone in this world.  I have to admit that I am not in strong in faith.  Help me with my unbelief.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment