Saturday, June 1, 2013

My thoughts

Dear God,

I am writing You today because I need to know about my thoughts.  It sounds silly but I am worried about myself.  I would like to know what are Your thoughts on infidelity?  Where in Your Word can I find out about adultery?  Anything can be a trigger to an obsessive thought specifically about the male and female dynamic.  I cannot take it anymore.  I am just frustrated with false evidence that appears real.  The thoughts seem so real to me yet I know that they are not based on reality. The characters are fictional mostly yet it seems like I am drawn to them yet I have little interest in knowing them. 

It seems wrong but I don't care what others do yet as a Christian I should be concerned about the welfare of the people of this world.  The world will pass away as Your word says, but Your words never will.  I must take comfort and endure.  Infidelity is wrong and is a sin I know because of the lack of loyalty and respect and the damage it causes.  What can I do to distract myself?  How can I overcome these thoughts?  What must I do to keep from using avoidance as a coping mechanism?  What do I need to do, Lord?  What do I need to do?

Sincerely,
Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment