Thursday, June 6, 2013

Health issues

Dear Lord,

I am still struggling with weight issues.  I am trying so hard to lose weight, but I am struggling.  I have people praying to You for me in intercession about my issues.  Bless them, O Lord.  Bless them.  I know it seems that I am a selfish person, but I am a person who is concerned about my health, fitness, and overall well-being.  All of us should be concerned about that. 

Help me to be mindful about those who are less fortunate and pray and intercede on their behalf.  There are those who are paralyzed, without families, and without incomes at this time.  Heal them, save them, and provide for them.  You are the Great Physician, the Great Provider, and most of all, Lord and Savior.  Thank You, Lord Jesus.

I am obsessed with losing weight and I wish to overcome my obsession with calorie counting and trying to find out how many calories I should eat per day.  I am trying so hard yet I am still struggling as I have mentioned earlier.  I have information at my disposal and I have health providers who are helping me, but I don't know what to do with advice.  I need wisdom and guidance in this matter.

I don't know what I need to do.  I want to lose almost 70 more pounds and I am grateful that I have lost the weight that I have lost.  Maybe the problem is that I am too concerned with losing too slowly.  It has been almost 8 months since I started losing weight and I lose weight on average about a pound a month.  To me, that is not good enough, but I have to see the good in that since I am going in the right direction.  That is good. 

I ask that You would open my eyes so that I can get a different and thus, better and more positive perspective on losing weight.  Maybe I should eat less or eat more.  I just am confused, scared to gain weight, and I am feeling overwhelmed with all of this.  I am just overwhelmed.

Help me, O Lord.  Help me.

Sincerely,
Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment