Sunday, June 30, 2013

Distractions

Dear God,

I am anxious at the moment, I guess.  I feel better than I did when I was anxious a long time ago.  I was watching television which vexes me.  In fact, movies begin to vex me too.  My entertainment choices have been changed over the years.  I used to watch wrestling all of the time, now I no longer watch it.  I have just lost interest.  I have grown out of it.  It has been a few weeks since I started watching it. 

I spent a lot of time entertaining myself when I could have done other things.  I wish I had taken the time to spend more time with You.  I wish I could just grow spiritually.  I feel like I haven't grown spiritually or figuratively.  It is as if I feel like I have to start life all over again.  I have difficulty concentrating sometimes and that hasn't helped much  so I wonder how patient You are with me whenever I am distracted when I pray to You.

I allow music and television to distract me.  In fact, anything can be a distraction or better yet, a trigger to an obsessive thought.  I am vulnerable to attacks, whether from the enemy or from an obsessive thought and there are times when I don't feel like fighting.  I ask You for the strength to keep on fighting, to be patient, and to grow spiritually. 

In Jesus' name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment