Saturday, July 4, 2015

The shortness of life

Lord Jesus,

Remind me that life is too short.  Sometimes I admit that I live as if everyday isn't my last, but it could very well be.  Life is quite short and there are times I didn't realize that life is too short for me to think about.  I confess that I may die young and I have had thoughts about not living long for years.  The truth is, I could live to be 100.  All I can do is to serve You only and live holy until the day I die, whatever my age will be.  It isn't how long one lives on this planet, but it is what one does or fails to do on this planet that determines my eternal destiny.  That is why I ask that You would remind me daily of the fact that You do watch over us.

Thank You for giving me an answer to Your prayer,

In Your name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment