Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Health and holy living

Dear Heavenly Father,

I am in need of guidance and forgiveness.  My real issues are a lack of a sincere motive and how I consume what I eat and drink.  As I was praying to You, I had a thought.  It was as if You were speaking to me about this very thing. I wonder if You believe if I had an insincere motive for repenting for my sins.  The truth is, I have had numerous doubts about being saved.  There are times when I wonder if I am saved or if I am lost. I do want to be saved by Your Son, Jesus Christ.  I also ask to be forgiven for all of my sins, including my lack of a sincere motive.  Your Word does say that we are to repent and be baptize, but have I repented. I don't want to be saved by prayer; I want to be saved by Jesus.  I look unto Jesus, Lord.  I want to live holy and righteous.  

I also want to live and be healthy.  I find myself frustrated with my lack of weight loss.  There is a bright side to this however.  I am not gaining.  The scale just isn't budging.  I did learn that I have become too scale-conscious this morning and that has not helped.  In fact, obsessing with anything is not good.  I ask You for guidance, that You would guide me and provide me with the wisdom that I need when it comes to my health. I want to lose 60 pounds which means that I have 53 pounds to go.  I am happy that a seven pound weight loss is in order.  However, and that is not a good word to use, but I am not happy that I lost those pounds. Remind me that I don't want to gain any weight and that I don't want to give up. It now makes me wonder what kind of diet book should I buy?  What kind of recipes should I follow?  What foods should I buy from the store?  

I have these questions because it seems that is what I need for myself.  I ask for immediate assistance in these matters.  Thank You Lord, for answering this prayer.  Thank You for hearing my petition.
In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment