Monday, July 6, 2015

Guilty pleasures

Lord Jesus,

My whole life seems to be a series of guilty pleasures from music to my political beliefs.  I realize for myself that the best person for me to be is myself.  I often complain about me not being a good person, but the truth is, none of us are good people.  I often have thoughts about being hated but I wonder if that is based on things that have been internalized.  I have negative thoughts about myself stemming from when I was a child. People often would tell me one thing but I had a hard time believing it.  I want to not just get over it, and to not just deal with the issue.  I ask for Your wisdom in this situation.  I thank You that You give liberally.  I am learning to apply Your word to my life.  I no longer have doubts that You would help me.  Thank You for Your help and for answering this prayer.  I say this in faith, in Your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment