Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Should I?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Help me, O Lord.  How do I overcome things that are scary? I have OCd and maybe I should place it here but I need advice. I am scared of watching a tv show that as a Christian, I will not watch because of the content of the show. It features infidelity as the main theme. I avoid the show but I think that adultery is wrong and I do make too big a deal about it.

Should I make a big deal about adultery because I know that it is a sin? I make a big deal about infidelity. I don't see how people can cheat especially a woman. I am scared that I will never "get over it", especially if the woman had more than one affair. I am afraid and anxious that the woman will have another extramarital affair. I avoid the show because I think about it often. Should I make a big deal about whether a woman cheats even a fictional character?

I want to pray for fictional characters and I am feeling horrible that it seems I cannot even get over it. I don't know what to do. I need some advice on how to deal with it. I want to pray about it and maybe fast but I don't know what to say. Should I stop watching tv and movies all together? There is way too much content that bothers me. I don't know why this bothers me especially since I have never cheated, no have I ever cheated.

I put myself in the situation where I do in fact cheat though it is not wise. I am scared that I will find a woman cheat on their husband or boyfriend. I guess it lengthens the infidelity thoughts and make them worse. Should I avoid watching tv or movies and no longer go on the internet? I need your advice. I am getting treatment and I take my medication. I even pray about it and I pray for adulterers and adulteresses to stop what they are doing. Why do I make such a big deal about adultery? I am scared for myself. What should I do? I need your advice.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment