Saturday, September 20, 2014

Honesty about the thoughts

Dear Lord,

Right now I feel like I am losing it.  All I could think about is a woman's infidelity or a movie containing infidelity.  I would like to say that I cannot take it anymore, but I can't.  I sadly do get pleasure out of this.  I don't want to, but it is true.  I wish I did not.  It is a waste of time and energy having obsessive compulsive disorder.  I know I sound like I am losing it, but maybe I am in a manic state of mind.  My compulsion has become like a drug to me and I am addicted.  This is not a good feeling to have.  I know I don't want to get out of this cycle, but I need to.  I love being honest with You and with myself.  It all seems crazy, but there are moments when I know I want to get better and there are moments when I don't.  It doesn't make any sense to me, but since did Obsessive Compulsive Disorder have anything to do with logic?  I wish I could learn to truly accept the disorder and enjoy the ride.  I have no idea how to confront my fears and not avoid anything no matter how much I don't want to.  Help me to reconcile how I am feeling right now with what I need to do.  I feel great yet I know that this will come crashing down.  That is what I guess I should fear most.  Help e to reconcile that before things get worse.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment