Friday, September 26, 2014

Obsessive thoughts over fictional characters

Dear Heavenly Father,

I am happy for everything You have done for me.  I know that it sounds so cliche but right now I am concerned for my mental and emotional health.  I am afraid that I will never overcome obsessive thoughts and images about this movie and the fictional characters in it.  I am worried because the characters and the people are fictional.  Since when has OCD ever been logical?  I am so concerned that I will never "get out of it" so to speak.  Could it be demonic as my mother said?  If so, how do I overcome the enemy's influence or annoyance for a lack of better terms over my mind?  I realize that the enemy can have an influence on one's thinking and even one's health.  Look at Job.  He lost everything, but then regained twice as much as what he had because of his faithfulness.  Maybe I should be more faithful.  I need Your strength at this time.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment