Saturday, August 3, 2013

Struggling and salvation

Dear God,

I find myself doing things that I should not be doing.  I am a sinner for if I say that I have no sin in me, then I am lying.  I refuse to lie, to You and to anyone else.

I was a liar and an adulteress.  I have done things that I am not proud of.  You have forgiven me of those things and for those things, I thank You.  I wish that I could thank You enough for all that You have done for me.

I am struggling with binge eating and just plain eating more than I need to.  I want to lose weight and keep it off.  How do I overcome this struggle with binge eating and overnight eating.  I don't want to continue.  I have only a few calories left to eat tomorrow and now I am not proud of that.  I may have to go over the 2000 calorie limit, not that want to.

How do I overcome my sins?  I want to be an overcomer more than anything except to be one of Your children.  Thank You for saving me.  I realize that I have to sacrifice much and it could cost me my life.  But there is a greater reward in eternity.  I not only want that for me, but also for my loved ones.

I pray that they will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.  I ask that You would fill them with Your Holy Spirit.  Forgive them of their sins.  May they all surrender their lives and their souls over to You and to Your care.  I pray this, in the name of Jesus, for them.

Sincerely,

Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment