Sunday, August 18, 2013

Change my mindset

Dear God,

Thank You for the opportunity to pray to You.  It seems silly to say this, but I am having a great day today. I have learned that life is a series of choices.  I have chosen to get over the whole obsession with Mickey Rourke and move on.  I am not going to "deal with it" any longer.  I know that crushes and obsessions take a while to get over.  I am over it.  I wasn't going to take it anymore.

Life is too short to focus on things that are mundane.  Mickey Rourke is a good actor, but I don't know the man.  I will never get to meet him or anything like that.  But my Mickey Rourke thing is just an obsession and nothing more.  I have learned a lot though.  I have learned that I will have to be patient.  They will not go overnight.  They don't bother me or wake me up anymore.

I am mindful about things now.  I am mindful of the world around me.  There are so many people who are in need who I need to be mindful of.  Compassion is something that I have felt I lacked.  I have been so wrapped up in my problems that I fail to see the world around me.

I have become less grateful as a result.  There is so much that I am grateful for.  My mindset needed to be changed.  I give You all of the praise for changing me and for changing my mindset.  Continually renew my mind daily, Lord.

Thy will be done.

Sincerely,

Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment