Friday, January 1, 2016

I have a goal in mind.

Heavenly Father,

I ask You for peace of mind.  You cannot give me that unless I ask.  You can't help me if I don't have enough faith to ask You for help.  I wonder if the phrase "You help those who help themselves" is a godly phrase.  Word for word, I know it isn't in the Bible, but is there something godly about that sentence?  I want and need help.  I want to lose weight, especially now.  I have put off losing weight until after the holidays.  Now I have no idea what to do because I have not lost weight during the holidays.  I gained weight and I want to take losing weight more seriously than ever.  I realize I have not lately and I don't want to gain anymore weight.  I have a Body Mass Index of about 60 and I would like to have it lowered, much, much lowered.  I want to have a healthy body weight but I also have a body type in mind.

I am just writing to You how I am feeling at the moment about my weight. I have an undertaking in mind that will be great, but I want to be healthy.  I realize that it will take a while and I don't want to jinx myself.  Without asking amiss, I ask for peace of mind and freedom from fear, doubt, worry, and anxiety.  Forgive me for all of my sins and for holding all of those things in and holding on to those things.  Neither of them have been productive.  In fact, I believe that is why I feel like I have failed.  I want to lose most of my body weight, but it is a healthy weight.  That is my set plan for now.  I also ask for guidance as to which plan I should choose.  Furthermore, I also ask that You would help me to focus on the task at hand and to grant me the patience that I need to go on and continue this journey.  Thank You for giving me the opportunity to present this request and I praise You for the wisdom that You have given me daily as I further ask for more wisdom.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment