Thursday, December 31, 2015

Losing weight and getting healthy this time

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for answering my prayers this morning.  I was so worried and anxious.  I hopefully did not ask amiss.  I have sometimes self-centered prayer.  However, I have another self-centered prayer, but in a good way.  It concerns my health.  I am considered stage 2 super morbid obese, which means that my BMI is super large for my height because of my weight.  I have no idea what I need to do. I ask that You would give me wisdom, healing, and clarity on how to lose weight.  I also ask for a change in my mindset as I let go of my frustrations.  I have my issues, yes, but I believe that they can be overcome.  How, I have no clue.  I have a petition and that is for not only wisdom and clarity, but also guidance in my journal.  The benefits are what I need to drum into my head.  Not only that, but I ask that You would take my anxieties and cares about this particular subject.

May the Lord Jesus give me rest for I have been burdened with this issue.  I have made no plans for a New Years' resolution, but if I were to make one, it would be to be held accountable so that I would be healthier, happier, and live with less guilt.  I also ask for direction in this area.  I weigh over 300 lbs, but I have no idea what I need to do in order to lose weight.  All I know is that I don't wish to gain anymore weight.  My making plans have caused a great burden upon me and I ask that You would take my burdens away, for I have been labored and heavy laden, and I still am.  Without asking amiss, I ask for help in this journey.

I have gotten too complacent and I have gotten to comfortable with my weight despite everything else.  I don't want to get too comfortable, but I am afraid to fail.  Lord, help me to overcome this fear, for I doubt that I will lose this weight.  I fear failure and never losing weight.  I am living my worst fears and I ask that You would help me overcome those fears and those doubts.  I cast them over to You.  I finally ask that You would give me the confidence to keep on going no matter what.  I ask all of this with Thanksgiving and for peace of mind in Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment