Thursday, December 24, 2015

Prayers about different issues

Father,

I do ask that You would help me see my life and my obsessive thoughts in a different way.  What I ask for is clarity.  I also ask for wisdom, that I may not spend so much of my days worrying and obsessing.

Help me to see that there are those who are in need of help and wisdom this holiday season.  There are people in some parts of the world, where Christmas is not celebrated, have many poor and starving people.  May we in the rich nations not forget them this season.

I wonder how You really feel about Christmas.  It does have pagan origins, so I realize that I have to be separate.  It has also been commercialized, so that could be a love of money comes in.  I have wondered for the past few years what Your word says about Christmas.  Does it honor You or does it betray You?

Forgive me for all of my sins.  I repent of my sins, even in dilemmas where I had no idea what to do. Well, I do have an issue.  I feel like I have made a bad choice and now I don't know what to do. I want to do the right thing by You.  Lord, what do I need to do because there is also no proof that it "exists" or doesn't "exists".  Lord, I ask for clarity and open eyes in this situation and in all similar situations.

I ask for all of these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment