Thursday, December 17, 2015

Help me become a strong person.

Father,

I am thankful for all that I have.  However, to whom much is given, much is required.  I have no idea what I have done.  Well, I do but I should not have said yes.  Maybe it is because I admit to being a "Yes" person.  I wish I had the courage to say, "no", but I don't.  Lord, grant me the strength to say no.  I desire to respect not just myself, but to be truthful to others.  I don't say no often because I don't wish to hurt anyone.  I wonder if they would feel the same way about me.  I have wondered this for a long time now.  I want me to be an honest person and learn to say no sometimes.  I want to be respected, even if I am not liked.  I want to be helpful and kind, but there are times when I feel like a total doormat.  I don't ask for much, but I wonder if I am being taken advantage of.  I would like to change that.  Forgive me for all of my sins.  I don't know if being a yes person is a sin, but I know that there is a difference between the subject of my prayer and being humble and kind.  Help me to live as Jesus lived.  Jesus was no doormat.  He was angry with money changers who were profiting off of merchandise in the temple.  He also stood up to and admonished the Pharisees.  He also stood up to Satan. He was Brave and was no pushover.  I want to be like Jesus.  Jesus was Perfect, but I am not.  Help me to see that not only is He my Example, but He is God and will be Judge one day.  I am not the strongest or bravest person, but I would like to be.  Thank You for my Savior is a God who was full of strength, wisdom, and character.  Thank You, Jesus for saving me and for forgiving me of all of my sins.

In His name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment