Friday, December 11, 2015

Prayer of healing

Lord Jesus,

I look forward to Your return.  In the meantime, I ask that You would help me to draw closer to You. There are times when I don't feel very close to You at all.  I sometimes feel a disconnect.  I often don't know what to say or how to say it.  I at times feel like I say the wrong thing.  Perhaps it was past doubt or lack of faith.  I have overcome that.  Jesus, I ask for forgiveness of all of my sins.  I thank You for salvation, forgiveness, and for miracles.  In fact, I ask for a miracle of my own.  I have an issue that has been bothering me for many years.  I am inspired by the story of the woman with the issue of blood.  She touched the hem of your garment and she was made whole.  From the cartoon I have seen she had pressed through the crowd yet You were her only hope.  You healed her and I ask that for healing for myself.  Jesus, heal me of the thoughts and all of my illnesses.  I tire sometimes of taking medications and of having obsessive thoughts.  I too want to be made whole.  That is all I ask. I need Your help.  I need to understand that not only do You heal but that You give hope.  I ask for that hope and I ask for that healing, Jesus.  Heal me like You healed the lady with the issue of blood. I have questions about my thoughts.  I even prayed about them.  Sometimes I felt alone.  Even some of the thoughts and stories I had were disturbing I still have questions but I don't wish to feel like my desire is to feed those thoughts.  As You know, I am not in a relationship.  I have never cheated, nor have I been cheated on.  I guess I will never know why I have those thoughts.  I ask for this in faith just like the woman with the issue of blood, in Jesus' name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment