Wednesday, December 16, 2015

There is nothing good about gossip..

Lord Jesus,

I ask for forgiveness of my sins.  I have been engaging in compulsions.  I want to know the answers to questions that I "seek". I know that they are not easy to overcome.  Jesus, I ask that You would give me the will to not engage in compulsions.  Last night, I have written in my homework assignment on my thoughts.  I have examined my thoughts.  I ask You for Your permission because it glorifies You.  When I think of eternity, I think of forever.  Right now it is temporary.  Open my eyes so that I can see that this world is a world that is temporal.  Therefore, what I am going through is temporary compared to eternity.  It is forever and that will not change,  That should scare the unbeliever and those who claim to be believers, but are not.  I ask for forgiveness for all of my sins and I repent of engaging in gossip or anything similar in any way, shape, or form.  Minutes ago, I have "searched" and performed compulsions on what was a nasty custody battle.  I want nothing to do with gossip but I will pray for those who engage in gossip so that they would repent. I will also pray for those who profit or feed off of gossip for they too need to repent.  There is nothing good about gossip especially with malicious intent.  It is a propagator of falsehood and damaged reputations.  Search me and try me, for Your word says, to abstain from all appearance of evil. Gossip in my opinion qualifies as something that not only appears as having an appearance of evil, but it is evil, whether watching it on TV, reading about it in print or online, or listening to other people talk is wrong.  There is nothing good about gossip, none.  Thank You, Jesus, for opening my eyes and see this.  Like the fight videos I hope to be and remain convicted of this.

In Your name, Jesus,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment