Thursday, January 1, 2015

Being an over comer against being overwhelmed

Dear Heavenly Father,

I admit that there are some things that I need to change.  I am sometimes afraid of change.  I have a difficult time because I am not a patient person and I have been overwhelmed.  It is as if I have to do things instead of wanting to do things or taking action.  I am being honest here because the best prayers are the most honest ones.  I am here to write how I really feel.  I got this from a song I have heard: to tell You how I really feel.  I am concerned that I will never ever get over this frustration and ironically that is making me overwhelmed.  It is like a cycle of being frustrated, being sick and tired, and being overwhelmed.  For a while I was self-conscious about my weight and my appearance. That is how I felt today.  My stomach was huge.  In fact, my stomach was hanging down.  I never had that issue until a few years ago.  I feel guilty about gaining so much weight over the years.  I try but I don't feel like I am a beautiful person, physically or otherwise.  Whenever others tell me I'm pretty or when someone gives me a compliment, at times I find it hard to believe or even to trust.  I believe that it is my fault for allowing things to happen that overwhelm me.

 Lord, I ask for peace of mind and for patient.  Help me to just relax and take things slow.  I am not so sure how to do that but at times I feel like I am powerless to do anything.  I want to be more positive but I have been so overwhelmed over the past few years.  I would like to change now more than ever.  I ask for total healing of my body and mind.  I also ask that You would take away my anxiety and remove all of my fears and doubts.  I have been filled with fear for a long time and I would like to overcome that.  I ask that You would take this away from me so that I could just relax.  I have a hard time relaxing and I don't really know why, but I would like to overcome stress more than anything.  I also ask that You would help me to be more positive and to see things in a more positive instead of negative light, no matter how my admittance of things are that actually reinforce the negativity in my life and in my thoughts.  Help me, Lord, to change that.  Forgive me for all of my sins.  I also ask that You would take all of this frustration and being overwhelmed.  Change me.  I surrender my cares and concerns over to You.  Thank You for answering my prayers.  I praise You for the peace of mind that You have given me.  Thank You for allowing me to present my requests to You.  Thank You for giving me the peace of mind that I so desperately need.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment