Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Assessing my life: Yes or No

Lord,

I have engaged in mindless eating for many years, including today.  Help me to take an assessment of my health and my life overall.  I don't know why I engage in such mindless eating.  Sure the food is good, but like I have said, the food doesn't love me back.  As a result, my stomach hurts.  I am not feeling that well.  First I had a hurt back from all of the exercise.  Now I have a stomach ache from probably all of the food that I have consumed.  I ask that You would give me guidance today so that I will spiritually press toward the goal that You have set out for me that I may act, think, feel, and do what a Christian is supposed to be like.  Give me not only the wisdom, but the opportunity to be the believer that You called me to be.  There are times when I don't know who I am.  Fill me with Your Holy Spirit.  Show me who I am and what His plan for me is.

I also tend to procrastinate.  I realize that that it probably stems from having self esteem issues.  I thought going at it alone would help me because I tend to do things in secret.  On the other hand, I ask You for Your wise counsel.  I need a support system to help me deal with the issues that are at hand.  I wish I knew what I could do.  Help me to do what my mind thinks is hard.  I don't follow all of my plans nor do I take the time to make an assessment of things.  Do You believe that taking a long hard look at myself and making assessments would be productive?  If not, then show me what to do, for I am clueless.

I need You.  I ask that You would help me overcome mindless eating.  Help me to overcome being overwhelmed.  Help me to do things one at a time.  I will bless You at all times.  I praise You, Lord. I also thank You for answering this prayer.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment