Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I need God's help to be like the tortoise, not the hare

Father,

Help me.  Guide me as I pray.  I would like to change things in my life.  My heart is not pure and my mind is not clean.  I am asking for Your forgiveness.  I know that I tend to have a perfectionist mindset.  I have no idea how to change things.  I don't just "want to start over".  My goal is to move forward especially in my weight loss and spiritual journeys.  I pray for wisdom in that I would use my education and thus knowledge to apply myself as You show me how.  That has been the problem for many, many years.  I don't wish to stop saying stuff and move on, since it has not been so easy.  I would like to assess things and see that I do have a better handle on things that I realize.  I would like to see that for myself.  I ask that You would open my eyes that I may see what is ahead of me so that I can make decisions toward the right direction.  In other words, help me to see things that are ahead of me.  Help me to spiritually set the mark into a higher calling.  Help me to be like the tortoise, where he was slow but won the race.  He seemed to be a lot more humble than the rabbit who was faster but the turtle took his time (though he is a turtle after all).  Show me how to apply those lessons to my daily life.  I thank You for answering this prayer and I believe and praise You for being the Lord.;


In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment