Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Life everlasting

Dear Heavenly Father,

Show me the way.  I have made some mistakes in my life that I have felt guilty about.  I have done wrong in my life.  I confess that I am a sinner and I ask for forgiveness of all of my sins.  I also ask that You would cleanse me of my guilt and my unrighteousness.

I want and need to be obedient to You.  You have asked or mentioned that why do some call Him Lord and do not obey Him.  That is a good question.  I have not always obeyed Him and His teachings and for that, I am sorry.  A person who is guilty of breaking one law is guilty of breaking all of our laws.  I wonder if that is what You meant.

I do know is that obedience is better than sacrifice according to the Old Testament.  Your word stresses obedience.  When all of this over and when the eternal reality "sets in" I would like to know if my name is found in the Lamb's Book of Life.  I look forward to Your return.  I long for Your return but my heart is troubled however.

There seems to be unfinished business that I need to take care of here.  There are struggles that I seem to lose in.  With You all things are possible.  I need Your wisdom and strength in these days, for I do look forward to Your return.  Show me where to begin starting today in this life so that for certain, I would not be troubled in this life.  Give me the wisdom to begin to understand what my standing with You is, for I have had doubts for many years.

I think the OCD is what brought me closer to You and that is a blessing in disguise.  Give me a renewed mind and faith and may it be provided for me daily.  Help me to understand the things that seem impossible here but not in the eternal.  Draw me closer to You, Lord, for I look forward to Your return.  I thank You for saving me.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment