Friday, November 1, 2013

Remind me

Dear God,

When I consider my life, there are things, I admit, that I fail to do.  Remind me of those in Christ that they are too my brothers and sisters.  There are people in the world who are truly being persecuted for their faith in You.  Remind me to pray for them and to care about what is going on with them.  Paul was persecuted and so were most of Your disciples.  Let us in America remember those things.  There is so much gone wrong in the American Church that we don't see the big picture.  We don't understand what it is like to be imprisoned, beaten, raped, and even killed because of one's faith.  I pray for those in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and other parts of the world where Christians are truly being persecuted.  Unlike the United States, there is no freedom of religion for believers.  Remind me constantly of that.

I don't trust myself.  I however put my trust in You.  Remind me of those who are in need.  There are many of us who have no idea what it is like to be so poor, one truly have to make sacrifices for their children by feeding them and not feeding themselves.  While we in America are among the fortunate, the poor in other countries are truly poor.  It wouldn't surprise me if there are poor people in the US who would be considered part of the middle class in other countries.  That is how fortunate we as Americans are.  May I myself not neglect the poor.

There is so much pain and suffering in the world.  I count my blessings as I should.  There are many who don't know You.  There are those in my family who truly do not know the Lord because they practice false religion.  I try to witness to others and to them, but it seems futile.  Then again, I had a mote in my own eye.  How do I become a better witness to others when I have a mote in my own eye?  My sins are just like other people's.  To clarify to You, we are all sinners, but I don't wish to have misused the grace You have shown me and I worry that I have.

I am sorry for all of the wrongs I have committed.  More than anything I want to be a true born-again believer who has the assurance of her salvation.  I don't want to doubt being born again.  I guess that is where faith comes in.  I want to endure.  I want to be ready for Your return.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment