Friday, November 15, 2013

I need God's help

Dear God,

Help me to be a faithful Christian.  I need help on a lot of things, like being able to do things one at a time.  Help me to lose weight one second at a time, one minute at a time, one hour at a time, and one day at a time.  I would like to see what will happen in the future, but I don't trust myself.  I wanted to quit, but I am hopeful.  I know that the worst thing I could do is to give up and go back to my own habits.  I am back on track and I thank You for everything You have done for me.  I believe that I am not to get too comfortable, yet I feel so relieved at everything thus far. 

I have had no idea how well things have turned out mentally today.  I ask that You would let the thoughts pass.  I will not fight them or justify them.  I promise.  I want no part of those thoughts anymore.  No. Really.  I cannot take those obsessive thoughts, anxieties, and fears again.  I guess it is time for me to take a new approach to the obsessive thoughts.  Maybe the fact that they are annoying bother me.  Help me to focus on what is realistic.  Reality can be stranger than fiction and that reality can't always be a good thing.  However, it is better than not living in the real world.

Sincerely,

Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment