Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A peaceful mind

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You.  Even the shortest prayers have an impact.  Even the littlest of miracles happen everyday.  Life is too short however for wasted words and unspoken phrases.  I love to wax poetic like this.  Today has mentally been a good day.  The thoughts will always come, but my reaction to them is what is most important.

I have come to realize that MR is just a man.  He is an image on a tv or computer screen.  Nothing will ever happen between us.  Maybe he is a troubled man.  Maybe he is a good man.  I will never know.  That doesn't even matter.

I have come to realize that CO is just a woman.  She is an image on my computer screen.  I will never know her.  It doesn't matter.  Her writing a book doesn't mean anything to me.  She isn't writing about me or anyone I know.  It isn't destroying my reputation.  I would read her book out of curiosity, but curiosity kills the cat.  That is what is happening to me.  I  was tempted to download her book so that I can see what she wrote about her ex.  Maybe she is telling the truth.  Maybe she is lying.  It is between You and her.  I have no further opinion on the matter.  It doesn't matter.  It never should have and the only reason it did is because of the obsession.

Lord, let the thoughts pass.  I have grown sick of being sick and tired of them.  Plus I am bored with them.  Once the thoughts are gone, now what?  My mind has been consumed with obsessive thoughts that they have been such a focus.  It has been a long time since I had these thoughts.  Help me overcome the fears and the avoidance to these thoughts despite the fact that I am becoming free from these thoughts.  I can overcome this with Your help.  I can even avoid the compulsions.  Life is a series of choices.  Help me make the right choices and not allow myself to be so curious.  Help me to do whtat is holy and right.  Guard and protect me from all appearances of evil. May I live for You and serve You all the days of my life.  May I be at rest and peace.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment