Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Who am I in Jesus Christ?

Jesus,

I need help.  Deep down, I have had doubts even up to tonight about whether or not if I will die I will make it to Heaven.  I don't recall ever looking to a time when I just "looked up to Jesus"  or "looked unto Jesus".  Okay, maybe I did.  Where or who in the Bible had doubts about being saved?  You will know better than anyone.  Am I really of the faith?  Am I truly saved or am I truly lost?  It is a scary feeling to have that one day in the future all of us will have to stand before You and give an account of  how we have lived our lives here on this planet including our spiritual state.  I am not 100% certain of my spiritual state.  It is these moments that scare me.  I think I am saved.  I believe that I am saved.  I just don't want it to be "I thought and believed that I was saved, but Jesus never knew me." in the near future.  I am not sure if I am truly yours.  Is there something that I am doing wrong? Lord Jesus, save me.  I believe with all of my heart that the Father rose You from the dead.  I know that You are the Only way to the Father and I ask that You would give me the assurance of my salvation.  I also repent and ask to be forgiven of my sins.  My desire is to know who You are and for You to know who I am.  I turn from my wicked ways.  Give me the wisdom that I need so that I may mature in the faith and the strength to fight the good fight.  I admire those who seem to have it all together for they know that they are Yours and they know that You know them.  They know their purpose in life and what their will is.  The truth of the matter is, I don't.  I most of all don't trust myself.  I am not even sure if I can be trusted to trust You, if that makes any sense.  All I have is the faith that You will save me and make me a new creation in Christ.  Lord Jesus, I ask You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. My desire is to live for You and serve You all the days of my life.

Thank You,


In Your name, Jesus,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment