Sunday, June 15, 2014

Having PCOS

Dear Heavenly Father,

I have PCOS.  I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.  It is reeking havoc on my mind and body.  I am thankful that my spirit is still intact.  Help me to cope with having this issue.  I am now suffering the complications of this condition including diabetes, high blood pressure, and not to mention, high cholesterol. I have become self-conscious as a result.

I am short and very overweight and I became even more overweight since I realize years ago that I have this condition.  I am relieved that I have knowledge about this condition.  Now I can do something about it.  I feel like You are guiding me with this letter.  I am thankful for that.  I appreciate it.  I really do.

I have been feeling self-conscious for a long time and I feel guilty that I feel bad with having this condition when there are those who have cancer, MS, Aids, and suffer diabetes complications.  I pray for their healing and I ask that You would remind me of them daily.  You have given me a heart and a mind.  I thank You for answering my prayer with this letter.

Having PCOS is something that I have gotten used to.  I have accepted that fact.  What I haven't accepted is that I have to lose weight and change my diet whereas I wish I could just heal myself.  However, I don't have that kind of power.  I ask that Jesus Christ would heal me and that in the meantime, He would help me to manage my condition whatever is in His will.

Life is too short to be overly anxious and worried, but I am concerned, especially about the diabetes, which is one of the complications.  Help me to set up a strategy so that I can lose weight and keep it off.  I know it is going to be a while, but I have my fears and doubts since I have lost and gained weight over the years. Help me to overcome those fears and doubts.  I put You first in my life and I put You first in my mind and body.  Give me the tools that I need to manage this condition.

What does Your word say about my condition?  What does it say about managing my condition?  I ask You for wisdom and guidance.  I ask You for help, Lord, and I greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment