Monday, June 23, 2014

Burdened and heavy laden

Lord,

Give me the confidence that I so need to not give up.  I also ask for the strength and motivation to lose weight and to stay with my weight loss.  I need to be wise, so I ask You for wisdom.  The wisdom is for application and consistency.  That was all I had to do.  The last thing I want to do is give up.  I am so tired of being unhealthy and always worrying.  It felt good mentally and physically that I actually worked out.  I actually learned about applying what I have learned to my life.  Thank You for helping me and giving me guidance.

Help me to also think on the things as written in Philippians 4:8.  Help me to think on what is true.  Your Word is truth and You are love and truth.  I have had difficulty thinking on what is true because I felt like I was being ruled by the so-called OCD Persona.  I have grown tired of fighting her or dealing with the thoughts on my own.  I have a hard time reconciling between not being anxious for anything and then letting the anxiety pass because I am to feel the anxiety, thereby letting it pass so that I won't have to deal with it anymore.  Help me to realize that I am not my thoughts and what other people do is none of my business.  I pray for them just like I would pray for myself.

I will have to give an account of my life, good and bad.  I sometimes feel like a failure because of bad decisions that I have made.  I don't just want You to work on me because of a sin, but I want to overcome it, to be truly forgiven for that sin, and for true repentance.  I have done things that I am guilty of and feel guilty for.  I don't wish to have those guilty feelings anymore and I want to treat the present as a gift.  I have trouble with relying on the past and fretting about the future to the point where the here and now is not being focused on enough.  That is what is causing all of the stress in my life.

How do I overcome stress?  Jesus, help me to overcome.  I cast all of my cares over to You.  Thank You for caring for me.  I need help.  I need help in every area of my life.  I want to know how to truly repent of all of my sins and cast all of my cares over to You.  I want and need to be assured of my salvation, or rather, Yours.  I am not doing well like I think, or like You think.  I realize that I have a long way to go.  I can't always consume unhealthy foods and expect to lose weight for example.  I can't live my life caring what the world thinks of me, including my appearance.  Those things have also caused me a lot of stress.  How do I just "let it go" and walk in the newness of God?

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment