Sunday, February 9, 2014

Today was even better than yesterday

Dear God,

Thank You.  I am tired yes, but I am not down.  All is well on the home front.  I am not down because I realize that I take things too personally.  I have held some things so close to home that I sometimes forget that Jesus was the Brunt of evil in the world.  I turn those things that threaten to swallow me up in the world and I surrender that to You..

I am listening to a song about You being a love song.  My passion for You is great, but because of me, obviously, there is something lacking.  I feel alone at times and at other times there is a spiritual desert.  I wish I knew exactly what it is.  How much help would reading a Bible be?  Studying?  Listening to music?
I need to not allow myself to get caught up in the things of the world.  Sometimes I do and it makes my mind a bit frazzled at times.

Help me to relax at least this once, Lord.  I didn't realize that I had so many issues yet so few problems.  I love waxing poetic like I just did, but it is not about me.  I wish I could just be a fan or just someone who didn't spend much of the day going online and looking at pictures or reading gossip about whatever star is on my mind.  Change me, Lord, into the person that You want me to be.  I don't want or need to be what You want me to be.  Guide me and help me to live a holy and righteous life.  I ask for the Holy Spirit for conviction and guidance.

Thank You.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment