Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Overcoming a Sin

Dear Heavenly Father,

I may be wrong in this, but I believe that sin is conceived in the mind.  I believe that sin's wages are death.  I do believe that I have committed a sin.  It is based on a past sin.  That is why it is so hard to overcome.

Give me the strength and motivation to exercise, lose weight, and overcome this sin in my life.  Sometimes I wonder if I was to ask the right things, then my prayers would be answered.  Oftentimes, I believe that I have doubts that You would ask certain prayers of mine because I have doubts about my prayers being answered.

You have thankfully erased those doubts.  I would like to be set free from this sin that is hard to overcome.  Cleanse and renew my mind.  Restore and forgive me of all of my sins.  I repent of my evil, sinful ways.  I am sorry for what I have done.  None of us are good, not one of us.  Jesus, however made me a saint through His shed blood and I became a saint who can conquer whatever is ailing me at the moment.  What is ailing me is my sin.

I plead Jesus' blood over my mindset and over that sin.  I ask for mental purity.  I guess I can ask for this because I am here to say that I want to live a pure, righteous life.  In my mind, living a holy, righteous life is my daily goal.  You are there for me even if I fall short.  I feel like everytime I fall, however, I have fallen short and have disappointed You.

Lord, I need a change in my mindset.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment