Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Taking time with the Lord

Lord,

Forgive me.  I know that I have not written or taken the time to talk to You in the past couple of days.  I am sorry for being and coming across as so ungrateful.  I don't want to wait until something bad happens to be prayerful.  Remind me to always be thankful.  I have been blessed with much.  I don't want to be a professing Christian who just professes.  I want to be a professing Christian who isn't just professes to love Jesus, but is the real thing.  I have gone back on my word when it comes to a few things.  I have done wrong lately and I feel so ashamed.  I don't wish to promise You anything, but I do promise and repent.  I promise that I will not do those things again.  I have been tempted and I am not good at overcoming temptation, so I ask You for help in that area.  Give me strength and give me the guidance that I need to stay strong.  Give me the strength to say no.  Furthermore, I ask that You would strengthen my faith, for I realize that if my strength were strong, then I would not have done those things I have done.  I am sorry for my lack of faithfulness.  Again, Father, I ask of Your forgiveness.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment