Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Jesus, I need You.

Lord Jesus,

Forgive me for my sins.  I have not been as close to You as I should have.  I don't only want to talk or write to You when I need You.  I realize, ironically, that I am in need.  Not only do I ask for a closer walk with You, but to not forget You.  I am called to follow Your will and I have failed.  I have failed many times and for that, I am sorry.  I feel like I am a failure and a disappointment.  I have been wrong before and I realize that that is always going to happen.  Thank You, for You have the power to forgive and the power to change.  I ask You, therefore, to forgive me, and give me the clarity that I so need.  I need to change and I want to change.  I also ask that You would change me and make me whole.  I want to be ready for Your return.  I want nothing more than to be a repentant, obedient, spirit-filled Christian.  That has been goal in life, to live for You and serve You all the days of my life.  Lord, give me the assurance of my salvation and take not the Holy Spirit from me.  Show me what I need to do as to how to live.  Continue to use me as a blank canvas, for that is what I am.  I promise that I will follow You.  I thank You that you have answered my prayer.

In Your name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment