Saturday, September 21, 2013

My journey

Dear God,

Thank You for Your Word.  I wasn't sure about a few things, but I realize that what I am going through is a spiritual battle.  However, there are times when I am not confident that I am going to win.  I feel helpless and weak to do anything because I am lost and I don't know what to do.  I have finally realized how wrong this line of thinking is.  Thank You for Your truth.

Your word is most certainly a lamp to my feet.  I love Your word.  I am saddened that I don't take the time to even read a verse on some days, much less entire chapters.  Show me how to apply Your word to my daily life.  Give me strength in times of battle.  May I always be alert, for I trust in You.

Your word says for when I am weak, then I am strong.  I didn't realize this at all.  Now, I do.  You have given me so much hope and a believer needs to be hopeful, especially in these times.  Right now, I am trying not to overeat but it is hard to do when I have spent years struggling, overeating, and binging.

Today I am having a rough battle about the obsession with the actor that I have.  You know who he is and I have spent a lot of my time and my mind over him.  I am not proud of that and I am not patient.  I hate that it has taken a long time to overcome.  I realize that with You, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I need Your strength and Your wisdom to make it through the day.  This actor and these obsessive thoughts have been hard to overcome.  Managing these thoughts can be difficult. Reading about the thoughts that I have can be difficult for me.  I felt like giving up sometimes.  How do I approach these thoughts?  In other words, what do I need to do when a thought arises?

These are things that I deal with on a daily basis.  I admit that I cannot take them anymore.  When if they come back like they always do?  How should I handle them?  Should I let the thoughts pass?  What should I do?  Help me, Lord.  It will be and is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment