Monday, September 9, 2013

Denial of myself

Dear God,

This kind of denial is good.  Help me to daily deny myself.  I want to take up my cross daily.  I ask that You would peel off every layer.  I am a person who has been burdened with the things of this life.  It took me yesterday to realize that I have yet to truly deny myself.  I have held back a lot of things and I have taken hold of a lot of things.  Take them, Lord.  Forgive me and cleanse me from unrighteousness.  My desire is to be a new creation in Christ and to continue to have my mind renewed. 

I want to know what it is like to be a Christian.  Give me the assurance that I am truly saved and not lost.  I feel that it has been another burden of mine.  I am not always sure if I am saved or lost.  I don't want to feel that prayer saves, that only You save.  I just have this feeling that I am not saved because I have an issue with doubt.  I doubt that I am saved and I doubt that I am on my way to Heaven because I have doubts.  I am asking that You would remove those doubts and that You would forgive me of those doubts.  I want to live for You and serve You all the days of my life.

 I am mindful that what is going on in this world won't be an easy life, but I also know that I have a huge responsibility on my shoulders because of my faith.  Help me to also be mindful of other believers who have lost homes, freedom, and even their lives.  This may be me soon enough, I don't know, but I am thankful that I live in a nation where there is still religious freedom.  For this reason, I shall use this freedom to serve You, and tell others about You.

Help me to deny myself daily.  Use me, Lord, to do Your will. 

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment