Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Being thankful

Dear God,

I thank You.  This day has been a little dull and I don't like dull and boring days.  I realize that I rather have dull and boring days sometimes.  I try not to let my mind get the best of me.  I overcame my idolatry with my crush/obsession at least for today.  I am sorry that I let it get the best of me yesterday.

Images and thoughts keep coming back.  I wonder sometimes why I have those thoughts, even about crushes and obsessions.  I feel like I have degraded myself long enough with these crushes and obsessions.  Sometimes I wish I could truly fall in love, get married, and have a family.

I want to live a normal life.  I am 38 years old and sometimes I feel like I have nothing to show for it.  I do realize that I need to be grateful.  There are people who don't get to live, period.  My issues are so minor compared to what many others go through.  I have a computer and other things that I take for granted.  I just am so grateful that I get a chance to walk daily because there are some people who cannot walk.  There are others who have no feet and no legs.

I have a home to go to each and every day.  There are those who have no home, much less a family.  I have food to eat daily and I can calculate the amount of calories and carbs I eat per day.  There are people who die of malnutrition because they have less than enough or rather, no food to eat.

I am just thankful.  Help me to be mindful of those who are in need.  Help me to be mindful of those who are less fortunate than I.  I have You and others who love and respect me.  I am sorry for not always be thankful for what I have.  I rather have the dull, boring, groundhog days that I have than other days.  I am prayerful and I can find something to do.

I thank You, Lord, that I am alive and that I have made it through another day.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment