Tuesday, July 2, 2013

People

Dear God,

Help me to love myself and everyone, including my enemies.  I do wonder who my enemies are because I have no idea since I don't have a social life.  I guess it is people who oppose Christians and my overall views.  We are to pray for even the worst of people, those that spitefully use us and hurt us.

I sometimes have difficulty understanding a lot of things in Your word.  That is because I admit that I have failed to apply Your word to my daily life.  Help me to do so, Lord and give me the wisdom that I need so that I can effectively serve You for that day.  I feel that I am in need to do other things and meet new people.

You know, I don't have much of a social life.  I don't go out as much as I once did.  I haven't been in college in a long time and during that long time I have yet to socialize.  I have pretty much isolated myself from the rest of the world because of these obsessive thoughts that I had.  I have no love life to speak of and furthermore, I have no way to get to places that I want and need to go.

Open up opportunities so that I can develop that social life.  I admit that I need to go to church more and meet new people.  I am a shy person and I would like to know how You can use me to help others be lead to Christ for instance.  Even if they are my enemies You died for them.  Thank You for Your care and Your concern and most of all, Your love for me.

Sincerely,
Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment