Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Being convicted

Lord,

Thank You for convicting me.  I need help.  I have spent years satisfying the flesh and I don't know how to overcome it.  I know that I need to lose weight and keep it off.  The problem is, I have no idea how to take the action You need me to take.  I am concerned because I don't know where to begin and also because I procrastinate too much.  I have no idea how to overcome my fears.  Well, I give You my all, including my fears.  I casts all of those cares over to You.  I repent of all of my sins.  I have tried on my own to overcome whatever issues I need to overcome.  I don't wish to make a vow or wish to make a promise because I fail to keep them and follow them.  I know it is because of fear. How do I be made in perfect love since I have fears.  I don't know how to overcome them, but You can.  I surrender this issue over to You.  I thank You that You love me and that You care for me.  I believe that there are no accidents with You.  I have been online all day, so I know that I need to lay off the internet.  My heart was not in it anymore.  I didn't know what to do.  I ask You that You would show me what I need to do and where I begin.  Give me the wisdom and guidance to live for You and serve You.  How do I stop procrastinating and just starting to move forward?  Over the years I have liked my life as it is, but I realize now that I got too comfortable.  Teach me Your ways, O Lord. Give me the clarity that I so need continually as You have before.  You have convicted me before.  I am asking for continued clarity and I also ask for You direction in my life.  I would like to thank You for answering my prayer.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment