Saturday, September 5, 2015

My goals in life and what is needed to start over, so to speak.

Lord,

Thank You for the gift and love of music.  I recall being a flute player when I was a child.  I was decent, but since then, I never got to play it much again.  I wish that I could still play.  Nowadays, there isn't much I can do.  I can barely make a mistake.  I have nothing to do it seems.  My days are the same, like groundhog day sort of speak.

 I want to go back to graduate school to study law, business, or some other major.  I know that I have much to offer.  I am not so sure what to do with myself, but I know that at my age, there is so much I want to do.  I know that it won't be easy, but I know I can do it.  I have had jobs, but limited experience, I admit.  I want to expand and have a career.  I tried to be a teacher, a chef, and a business, but I have either failed or given up.  The real issue is I don't have the money or a way to go.  I don't know where to go or what to do.  I want to do more than just clean house and stay isolated all day.  I want to network, go to church and fellowship with other believers, and lots of other things.  I haven't worked on or have done these things within the last ten years or so.

Because of You, I have learned to deal with anxiety.  I know that I have a limited income and a skill set that needs updating, but I know that I can do well given the chance.  I realize that I haven't laid much groundwork, but I will do that.  I am a person who still doesn't know exactly what she wants to be when she grows up.  I feel like at my age, I am still young, but I have felt like for years the world has passed me by since I have not gone to school.  I want and ask for, doors to be opened to me.  I believe that whenever I prayed this afternoon, You have listened.  I ask for advice and guidance as well.  I know that I need a resume and marketable skills.  There is a lot that I don't know, and I realize that I need a plan.  Lord, what should I do?  I ask for wisdom also in this matter, and I thank You for Your wisdom, guidance, and continued since of direction in my life. Thank You and continue to give You thanks and praise for answering my prayer or rather, prayers.

In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment