Friday, September 11, 2015

Being wise and compassionate

Lord,

I think that I need to think about law school.  It is something that has been on my mind.  I now wonder if I were to have a good reason to go to law school.  I have limited skills, another degree, and a spotty job history.  I haven't had a steady job in years and I want to improve that.  I have options but I don't know where to go or who exactly to see.  I have no real transportation of my own and that is also a limit that I have.  I need help with opening those doors, and wisdom to carry out what I need to do.

Father, I ask for forgiveness of my sins.  I saw a man lifting up a small homeless sign this morning and I only saw that word, "homeless".  I realize that it was a way to avoid to be obligated to help a man who I did not know.  The guilt did not fall away.  In fact, it should not.  It is so sad that I did that and I regret it.  I can be judgmental and selfish, and today and other days, have taught me that.  Lord, I want to change that, but I don't know how.  Forgive me for this sin and have mercy upon me, Lord.
I am sorry that I have done this or better yet, have not.  I did not show the kind of compassion a Christian is supposed to show and I know that I can be forgiven, but I also ask for mercy.  I feel really bad for what I have done.  I am supposed to be kind and charitable.  My actions say otherwise.

Thank you, Lord, for answering this prayer.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment