Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Temple of the Holy Spirit

Lord,

Help me to understand and see that my body is a temple, a temple of the Lord.  I don't always take care of myself.  I know that it is about holiness, in my humble opinion.  I have read about that very topic and no where do I find that statement to mean obesity.  I do, however, find it to mean keeping a person pure from sins, including fornication.  I have been struggling with a number of sins, including lying, gluttony, and other sins.  Forgive me, for I repent of my sins.  I know that I am a sinner who will eventually sin, but my fear is is that I will never overcome those sins.  I keep messing up and therefore I have made poor choices.  I commit myself to You and I realize that with the leading of the Holy Spirit, I believe that I don't have to struggle.  I realize that with me this is impossible.  I thank You that with You all things are possible.  I ask for Your strength in helping me overcome these sins in my life.  I have confessed these sins but I have a hard time stopping.  I need Your help, Lord in this manner.  Thank You for answering my prayer.

In Jesus' name,


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment