Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Thankful; OCD

Dear God,

Thank You. I thank You for everything.  I thank You that I can move forward and move on.  Thank You for healing my mind and body.  I stand on Your word.  Help me to not only live holy, but be holy.

I confess that I got myself engaged in gossip last night.  In fact, I was engrossed in it.  I wanted to hate the ex-wife again.  However, it is the OCD that is influencing me.  I will never know if she is lying or if she is telling the truth.  The truth is, even if I purchase the book, I will never, ever know.  It does not matter if I met her or not.

I look at the pictures and the exes seemed happy.  However, one can never tell what goes on behind closed doors.  That is the reality that I need to focus on.  Help me to see that the OCD isn't me.  It isn't a part of my personality or who I am, so why am I bothered?  The problem is I have theories, but not real answers.  I am uncertain of things still but I realize that it does not matter.

I want to feel sorry for the ex-husband but in reality both exes have moved on.  The OCD latches on to things such as the opinion of others.  There are times when I feel like wanting to do something drastic though those are only urges.  I am thankful that I am getting help for my issues.

Thank you.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment