Sunday, October 20, 2013

Time with God

Dear God,

I am so sorry that I sometimes get caught up in the world.  I have been caught up in gossip and things of this world mainly because of my obsessions.  My mind does tend to wonder and I am mindless at times of the consequences of my actions.  I often make too much small talk with You, Lord.  I ask that You would forgive me of all of my sins.  This weekend I have been cold towards You as far as spiritually and for that, I am truly sorry.  I was wrong.

I have been led by the Spirit of God that there was something that I should have done differently.  I don't remember what it was but it was about spending time with You.  I have all the time in the world so how do I overcome my obsessions?  How do I pray without ceasing?  Should I go on ahead and schedule my time with You?

I ask that You would lead me into these answers.  I have to realize that my obsessions are just that: obsessions.  No matter how benign they seem, they are troublesome and in the end, produce no good results.  Forgive me, Lord.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment