Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Racism

Dear God,

Really?  Why can't we all just get along?  Racism is a sin, plain and simple.  How come people not always see race in everything?  Sure racism, prejudice, and bigotry exist.  But I wonder how much racism really is in the world.  It is not a place of love yet it is a place where love does exist.  It is sad that while there is segregation and violence in our churches, others are being blown up and believers are getting killed.

Why can't the Word of God be preached?  Who am I to judge?  I think that I can judge this situation.  I ask all of these questions because of the incident with the bikers and the Asian guy some of them beat up.  Black people have been marginalized long enough and white people are being hurt because of the actions of their ancestors and those who are truly hateful and racist.

I will pray for those in the churches around the world and those who are truly hateful and racist.  I have known people who are prejudiced and racist and many of them are not loving people.  They are often hypocritical and narrow-minded.  It is a shame that there are people who have those issues.; and I thought I had those issues.

I confess I am sheltered.  I admire people who do well for You and serve You.  It seems that they have their spiritual stuff together.  They are flawed humans, too, but they seem to be more
spiritual too.  Race and color are things they don't see the distinctions and differences the way others see people.  There is sadly so much racism and prejudice in our churches that the rest of the world puts us to shame. 

Maybe I should go into the mission field, at least in this country.  What is Your plan for my life?  What skills do I have?  How do I use those skills?  How do You want for me to serve You?  Help me and give me wisdom, Lord.  I thank You for doing so.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment