Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Help me, for I am lacking in self-control

Lord,

What has happened to me?  I know that there is something wrong with me.  I hate it and I am not proud of what I have done.  I have these obsessions that could end up driving me crazy and I am binge eating.  I need help with self-control, which is what I am lacking in.

Forgive me, Lord, for the sins of lust, gluttony, idolatry, and lacking of self-control.  I know that self-control is a fruit of the Spirit and I am struggling to exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit.  I feel unproductive in that manner.

My conduct I admit is not godly and I want it to stop.  I am struggling and I am alone.  I admit that I isolate myself a lot.  I am afraid of the reaction of others and what they think of me.  How do I stop binging?  How do I get over my obsessions?  How do I stop committing lustful acts and have lustful thoughts that are unseemly and ungodly?

Help me, Lord.

Sincerely,

Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment