Saturday, January 7, 2017

Why am I here?

Lord,

I thank You for answering my prayer in advance.  I know that we all live a short life but on your time. Even if one lives to 100, our life is but a vapor.  I feel like sometimes, I have always accomplished what I wished to accomplish.  Nor have I ever felt like I didn't waste my time.  I have no clue, but I do wonder what You do have in store for me.  Maybe that last sentence didn't have to be said, but why am I really here?  What is my purpose for being here?  What did You create me for?  Why did You create me?  Really.  I have to ask,  In the short life I have lived, I feel like I am wasting it.  It took me until now to realize that.  Lord, I ask that You would show me what to do and how to live. I often hear that what I need to know is to look into scripture.  But where in Your Word does it say anything about my purpose or Your specific will for my life?  Now I wonder at my age, if it is too late to pursue what I wanted to pursue.  Help me, Lord, and thank You for answering this prayer also in advance.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment