Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Blank canvas

Heavenly Father,

I thank You for answered prayer.  I also thank You for revelations and light bulb moments.  I do spend a lot of the day fatigued and falling asleep.  I oft times considered myself lazy and unmotivated.  I don't wish to prove myself right.  I do talk badly about myself and I am in need of an interest that will do better to occupy my time  Well, I realize that You created us to love and cherish ourselves and that is not what I have been doing.  I am worthy in Your eyes.  None of us deserve salvation and forgiveness because we are not good people in Your eyes, but You have died on the cross for us.  Salvation is a free gift.  We can be forgiven. No matter what issues we face and no matter what we have done, You love us.  I am grateful for what You have done.  I ask that You would change my perspective on all things and all people, including myself.  There will be no cliches written in this letter, but I realize that cliches are there for a reason.  A cliche is actually a truth that isn't always applied by us but it is a saying that we claim over and over again.  I don't wish to cliche anything anymore nor do I wish to put myself down.  I am one of Your children and I am to live accordingly, which means that I represent You and should represent You in all things.  I have often failed.  I have often missed the mark.  The problem is not really a low self-esteem as I have finally figured out.  I wonder if I deserve to love me.  The truth is, I don't always like me.  I have wondered if others see me as I do.  I do not always see myself as a good person.  Lord, I wonder how You see me.  I know that You will, and still do, see me in the truest sense of the word.  I am that blank canvas that You have created.  Use me.  Forgive me. Teach me.  Continue to love me.  I give thanks and glory to You.  Thank You.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment