Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Being honest

Dear Lord,

Help me not to worry.  Whenever I pray sometimes doubts creeps in. I don't know why this is, but I hate it. I need help in that area.  I need You, Lord.  Forgive me of my sins.  Help me to see that You are the most important Person in my life, Jesus.  You died on the cross for me.  I know that You do hear prayer but my faith is not strong.  I am so sorry to have written this, but I need help.  Help me with my lack of faith.  There are times when I feel like I have to say all the right things for You to answer my prayers.  Why do I feel this way?  Is there something REALLY wrong with me?  I don't have all of the answers, but I know that You do. Why does it seem so hard for me to grasp the fact that for myself?  I know that faith does indeed come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

Give me the wisdom that I need to make it through the day.  I am so worried about the state of my soul and I myself am having troubles with my health and all.  I want to be healed.  I have had all of these health problems and sometimes I feel like there is no help in sight.  I feel distant from You sometimes.  I don't mean to ignore You or not talk to You.  I just feel like sometimes I have nothing to say.  What is wrong with me?  I wonder why my prayers aren't being answered outside of a lack of faith.  I guess I don't even have a grain of mustard seed faith and that is so sad.  What do I need to do to grow in my faith because my faith is stagnant or nearly non-existent?

I feel lost sometimes and it is like I am pressured to pray for You.  What do I have to change?  What do I need to change?  Can I change or can You change things for me?  Sometimes I don't know what to ask You?  I can pray for salvation in faith but it seems that I have a hard time trusting You in everything else. Help me, Lord.  I need Your help.

Everytime it seems that I have an idea what I need to say I end up speaking a lot.  I feel like I speak too much and not listen enough.  I need Your guidance. I put my trust in You to increase my faith and to teach me to pray according to Your will.  I give You thanks and praise for doing so.

Sincerely,


Letters to God

No comments:

Post a Comment